Warhammer Online LedMirage.NET Forums Warhammer Online

Go Back   LedMirage.NET Forums > WORLD OF WARCRAFT FORUMS > World of Warcraft Codex
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2007, 08:10 PM
User has over 100 posts
Inaris is an unknown quantity at this point

Default ForgottenChat vs. WIM

Anyone checked this out?

http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=1686

Like WIM (WoW Instant Messenger) which is included with Led's UI, but has nice features like collapsable windows and good transparency. The biggest thing it lacks in my opinion, is that I can't shift+click to paste viewable items into the chat windows. Would be nice if either author updated thier addon to include features of the other.

"Forgotten Chat was conceived, designed and implemented with one purpose. To provide an MSN-like environment within the World of Warcraft and replace its overly clunky method of whispering in WoW. With ForgottenChat, each individual incoming whisper is sent to its own portable frame or 'widget' depending on the person who sent it. Up to 12 widgets can be in use at any given time (12 conversations with 12 differant people) and they can all be minimized, moved, and closed independantly of each other. ForgottenChat also records the current gaming sessions whispers for each person you communicate with, allowing easy scanning of conversation histories."

I've emailed both authors a link to the other to see if they will take a look. I'm not satisfied with WIM, lacks a number of things. What are other people using? WIM?
Old 01-26-2007, 09:46 PM
I miss Ashius :(
User has over 100 posts
McBadass has much to be proud ofMcBadass has much to be proud ofMcBadass has much to be proud ofMcBadass has much to be proud ofMcBadass has much to be proud ofMcBadass has much to be proud ofMcBadass has much to be proud ofMcBadass has much to be proud of
Usergroup Image
Usergroup Image

Born in: USA Resides in: USA State or Region: US Colorado
Currently Playing:
Rock Band

I was using forgotten chat origionally. I really like it, and I'm thinking about going back to it. I do like the shift click option for sure with WIM, but agreed about the collapsable window and whatnot. It's nice when you're in combat
Old 01-26-2007, 10:11 PM
User has over 100 posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBadass View Post
I was using forgotten chat origionally. I really like it, and I'm thinking about going back to it. I do like the shift click option for sure with WIM, but agreed about the collapsable window and whatnot. It's nice when you're in combat
Yeah I'm waiting to see if either author will reply or include the feature of the other. I am playing with Forgotten Chat to see if I can include shift+click on my own. WIM seems to have better all around options, but the feel and collapsable windows in ForgottenChat rule.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:31 PM
Nerd Since 1991
User has over 1,750 posts
ollan1 will become famous soon enoughollan1 will become famous soon enough
Usergroup Image

Born in: Sweden Resides in: Sweden State or Region: SE West Sweden
Currently Playing:
I
Play
Many
Games
Because i
Can

Looks cool, but i im a ex addon rookie lol so i need to think to only use addOns i really need XD Due to lag in Outland lol. But i will try it just once :X
Old 01-27-2007, 02:04 AM
User has over 100 posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollan1 View Post
Looks cool, but i im a ex addon rookie lol so i need to think to only use addOns i really need XD Due to lag in Outland lol. But i will try it just once :X
I'm somewhat of an AddOn junkie. My most missed addon is called DefendYourself, a very complex addon for doing the most simple thing. It would engage in melee combat for you when you were struck, and inbetween spells, etc.

Anyway, I feel very little lag due to addons, just add some more script memory and make sure you use a hoss of a computer with a nice graphics card and lots of memory...

Okay well.. gotta get back to the game! =)
Old 06-29-2007, 01:59 AM
Benign Lurker
Keh is an unknown quantity at this point

I love addons... they are just as much fun as the game, and honestly WIM is one of the addons I do remove from the Mirage UI for ForgottenChat.

I'm a bit of a minimalist and the crisp clean boxes along with the ability to minimize is absolutely phenominal.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:56 PM
Forum Extraordinaire
User has over 750 posts
pcg0d is an unknown quantity at this point
Usergroup Image

WIM's tab'd feature is great. Plus it pops up on the screen. During Prince fight, one of our guys has a mod that sends a message to the people that have the 1 hitpoint debuff and need to run away. I get a lovely pop-up WIM window to remind me to run!

Oh and I love the history and cross-character chat abilities of WIM also.
-pc
Old 07-01-2007, 09:28 PM
Mod Author
User has over 250 posts
1337rx8 is on a distinguished road
Usergroup Image
Usergroup Image

Born in: USA Resides in: USA State or Region: US Oklahoma
Currently Playing:
WoW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keh View Post
I love addons... they are just as much fun as the game, and honestly WIM is one of the addons I do remove from the Mirage UI for ForgottenChat.

I'm a bit of a minimalist and the crisp clean boxes along with the ability to minimize is absolutely phenominal.
You may also want to look at Cellular, as it has the minimize ability and is pretty clean IMO. It's an Ace2 addon at Wowace, btw.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:42 PM
Mod Author
User has over 250 posts
1337rx8 is on a distinguished road
Usergroup Image
Usergroup Image

Born in: USA Resides in: USA State or Region: US Oklahoma
Currently Playing:
WoW

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcg0d View Post
WIM's tab'd feature is great. Plus it pops up on the screen. During Prince fight, one of our guys has a mod that sends a message to the people that have the 1 hitpoint debuff and need to run away. I get a lovely pop-up WIM window to remind me to run!

Oh and I love the history and cross-character chat abilities of WIM also.
-pc
Hmm, didn't know about the tabbed feature! It's been a while since I've used WIM, but I'm going to try it again. I like that idea, and Cellular doesn't have that feature. The Wiki that the WIM author has set up looks really nice, and it doesn't look like it's going to stop being updated any time soon, so I think I'll probably switch back for now and see how I like it.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:22 AM
***BANNED***
shualuntan is an unknown quantity at this point

Currently Playing:
PC Video Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337rx8 View Post
Hmm, didn't know about the tabbed feature! It's been a while since I've used WIM, but I'm going to try it again. I like that idea, and Cellular doesn't have that feature. The Wiki that the WIM author has set up looks really nice, and it doesn't look like it's going to stop being updated any time soon, so I think I'll probably switch back for now and see how I like it.
i agree